Saturday, April 12, 2008

So, seems like I've finally gotten around to starting this whole blog thing. I bought all the equipment I needed, spent hours planning and making food, and yet I've put off writing this first simple blog until now, sitting in a hotel in Roanoke, VA at 11:30, so you know how much I usually dread this kind of thing. Mom and I drove down this far, about 10 hours today, to what is about the halfway point before pulling off for the night. And when I say "mom and I", I mean just her cuz she is amazing and can do things like drive for 10 hours straight without passing out. Just the fact that she is willing to take 4 days of her time to bring me down here is crazy enough, but then to do all the driving herself is ridiculous. For anybody who has seen my masochistic work ethic, know this is where it comes from, albeit in a far diluted form.

We're planning on driving the rest of the way to GA tomorrow and spending the night there so I can start on Monday morning. My first mail drop is gonna be at Neels Gap for a nice big food pickup, followed by one at the Nantahala Outdoor Center. I'll be more specific with addresses and zip codes in future posts in case, but I just want to make sure I have this whole system down right before people start trying to contact me at the wrong places. Needless to say, the first couple of weeks are going to be a real learning experience, hopefully I'll get the hang of things quickly; it seems like there is enough help at every step of the way to almost make the whole deal foolproof. Anyway, wish me luck, I might get in a post tomorrow, but come Monday morning I am out of touch for a few days. Thanks for reading, be seeing everyone whenever I return to civilization.

1 comment:

muh said...

Hey - Lisi pointed me here. I'm really excited for you, and am happy that you have started your journey.

I'm glad you have a blog, and i hope you get to write a fair amount. I'm hoping to live vicariously, you know.

If there was a way i could help the trip be better for you, let me know (maybe sending something to a pit stop?).

Well, hope you have safety, health, and great fun. My thoughts are with you.

cousin megan