Friday, July 25, 2008

Forgot My Swimsuit...

Sitting here in the Comfort Inn in Lincoln/ Woodstock NH with mom and grandpa here for some traveling fun and it defintely feels good to be inside for a bit. Just saw the new Batman movie as well, and yes, its incredible. Not just the movie, but the fact that I am dry and my clothes no longer smell like mildew. The trail through NH has been largely underwater due to heavy rains for the past few days, but thankfully that has cleared up and it looks like clear hiking right now. I don't just mean a little water; I'm talking puddles a foot deep in places and small waterfalls coming down slopes. After a few minutes walking in such conditions, you just give up trying to stay dry and then the fun of splashing through the wettness for 8 hours sets in. Even sleeping damp becomes somewhat normal, though admittedly I did get to cheat a lil', knowing that I'd get a day in town. Redgardless, I have the hard stuff to look foward to for the next few days, and in muddy conditions to boot. Fully rested, restocked and removiefied, its time to finally tackle the White Mts. and enjoy the awsome views. Even from down below the mountains look impressive, so a few good views from the top will make it all worthwhile. Just gonna soak up the relaxation for the minute, then begin the final push!

No comments: