Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Slowdown

I'm in Vernon, NJ, at the moment, taking a break and beating the heat of the day at the church hostel here. Now that home is a mere few hours away and summer vacation has started, I'll be seeing more family, and so I've decided to slow down...just a bit. Hopefully this will make it a lil' easier to meet up with people, and give me more time to take advantage of the berries in season, oh yeah! On that note, I'm hoping to hit Bear Mt, NY, on the 4th, where supposedly one can see the NYC skyline and the fireworks. After that, a quick side trip to the Stormville Flea Market with mom for some good ole' junk scouring, then on to CT. NJ in the meantime has been surprisingly wonderful-- few rocks, level terrain, nice ridgeline views, lots of bears, and a cool boardwalk through a huge swamp, all in a tiny state with just 72 miles of trial. The new shoes I picked up in Delware Water Gap are taking some getting used to, but aside from that the trail is going fine and the weather has been the usual summer sun/thundershower mix. As usual, hope everyone is feeling well, talk to you later.

1 comment:

elise said...

i'll have to try to catch up with you on the phone at least after my trip. i'm leaving on the 4th, so have a great week of hiking and i'll talk to you later! hope you get to see the fireworks - i think i'm going to miss them this year.
e*